Vital Registrations/Matrimonial (Births, Deaths & Marriage) Services
The Registry General is responsible for Vital Registration and Matrimonial Services which include:
- The receipt of birth notifications, the registration of births, including marine births, and the issuing of birth certificates.
- The adding of father’s names to Birth Register entries.
- The registration of adoptions.
- The receipt of death notifications, the registration of deaths, including marine deaths and the issuing of death certificates.
- The issuing of marriage licenses and the registration of marriages, including maritime marriages and the issuing of marriage certificates.
Click on the links to the left for more information about these responsibilities.